Professor Product Innovation
Start Date: 1 January 2021
University: Blekinge Institute of Technology, Chalmers University of Technology, Linköping University, Luleå University of Technology, Mälardalen University
Target group: PhD Student, Industry
You need to login to register
The course aims to provide a theoretical reference base for conducting research in product development.
The course is part 1 of the 20 HEC four-module-PhD course on Engineering Product Development (EPD). Please refer to: The Product Development Academy (PDA), Sweden
Professionals and PhD candidates in product development research and practice.
MSc in Engineering or similar.
Fee for industrial members
7 500 SEK
The course covers the following areas:
• 1st session: Content: Introduction. Presentation of course literature.
• 2nd session: Process Modelling of the PDP. (Large corporations, small businesses.)
• 3rd session: Degree of formalism of the Product Development Process and its implication.
• 4th session: A Systems and Life Cycle Engineering view on the PDP for Complex Products.
• 5th session: Participants’ review papers, presentation and discussion of implications. Compilation of a report.
Each session will be structured as follows:
1. Introduction by course examiners
2. Reports from reading and discuss implications (academic and in practice)
3. Introduce literature assignment for the next session
At the end of the course participants are expected to write their own review paper over the product development process, summarizing the reading assignments, which is presented to the group. This final assignment also includes reviewing others’ work. After review, each contribution can become a chapter of an EDP published report.