Startdatum: 13 september 2023
Lärosäte: Blekinge Tekniska Högskola, Chalmers tekniska högskola, Högskolan i Skövde, Jönköping University, Kungliga Tekniska högskolan, Linköpings universitet, Luleå tekniska universitet
Målgrupp: Doktorand, Industri
Akademi: Product Development Academy (PDA)
Du behöver logga in för att anmäla dig
Kursens syfte är att ge en teoretisk grund för att bedriva forskning inom produktutveckling.
Kursen ges på engelska.
The course is part 1 of the 20 HEC four-module-PhD course on Engineering Product Development (EPD). Please refer to: The Product Development Academy (PDA), Sweden
Professionals and PhD candidates in product development research and practice.
MSc in Engineering or similar.
Fee for industrial members
7 500 SEK
The course covers the following areas:
• 1st session: Content: Introduction. Presentation of course literature.
• 2nd session: Process Modelling of the PDP. Large corporations, small businesses.
• 3rd session: Degree of formalism of the Product Development Process and its implication.
• 4th session: A Systems and Life Cycle Engineering view on the PDP for Complex Products.
• 5th session: Participants’ review papers, presentation and discussion of implications. Compilation of a report.
Each session will be structured as follows:
1. Introduction by course examiners
2. Reports from reading and discuss implications (academic and in practice)
3. Introduce literature assignment for the next session
At the end of the course participants are expected to write their own review paper over the product development process, summarizing the reading assignments, which is presented to the group. This final assignment also includes reviewing others’ work. After review, each contribution can become a chapter of an EDP published report.
At the 1st introductory session Sept 13, 2023 at 12.15-13.00 (online), the dates for the following sessions will be decided together with the participants.
Suggested dates 2023/24:
Session 2: Oct 4, 8.30-11.30 (online)
Session 3: Nov 8, 8.30-11.30 (online)
Session 4: Dec 6, 8.30-11.30 (online)
Session 5: Jan 10, full day (physical meeting, to be decided, possibility for informal meeting the evening before)