Chaired professor product innovation, Luleå University of Technology. Guest professor at Industrial Management, Linköping University. Research areas: innovation, product development and business development. Project manager of Kunskapsförmedlingen and Kunskapsturnén.
Chaired professor in product innovation, Luleå University of Technology and guest professor at the Division of Industrial Management, Linköping University.
Research in technology-based business development and innovation at CAM-Centre for Applied Management for SMEs, at the Institute of Technology, Linköping University (assistant/associate professor 2002-2014). Earned in 2002 her Ph. D. in Industrial Economics and Management, graduate research school IMIE, Linköping University.
Teaching at Linköping University 1997-2014 at the Industrial Engineering and Management programme, both basic courses and the advanced course where the students conducts a business strategy analysis for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). Lectures and supervision of product development projects at BSc and MSc level at the Design and Product Development programme. Supervised MSc Theses at these two programmes, and currently at LTU since 2015 (course Strategic project at the Industrial Engineering and Management MSc programme).
Project manager for Kunskapsförmedlingen and Kunskapsturnén (Result Center), a collaborative initiative by Swedish research funding bodies and industry in the area of product and production development research, since 2002. “Innovation manager” of the national programme Produktion2030. Board Member of several small businesses and a bank (Åtvidabergs Sparbank).
Research areas: Collaborative product and business development and IT support. Since 1999 special focus on SMEs, but continuously also larger corporations.
Current research projects:
- RIQAM – Radical Innovation and Qualification Using Additive Manufacturing, with companies in the Swedish Space Industry, and RIT – Space Innovation and Growth – Supervision of two PhD projects on additive manufacturing (AM) for space applications, and innovation manager for the space industry ecosystem in Sweden, especially in the North (2014-2021).
- Production Innovation – PhD course and research on innovation in production within the programme Produktion2030 (2014-2020).
- Small firm innovation and growth – Surveys and case studies of small firm’s innovation and growth, 2006-still.
- Automation Småland – Networking and business development for specialized automation SMEs in a cluster at the Gnosjö Region. Focus on production development. Participated in the initiation 2011, projects 2012-2014, 2015-2016, 2017-2021 and continued cluster development.
- HISS, Fast Track, TRIUMF, Development Analysis and Firms for the Future – Hands-on business development programs for SMEs with focus on fast sustainable growth, since 2011-still. Conducted in collaboration with external partners such as Almi, savings banks, and external consultants working together with universities.
Previous research projects:
- BENCH – Beneficial business relations between the Central Baltic region and China (opportunities for SME to do business in China), 2010-2012.
- LIAN – Management of innovation for business driven networks: business and technology development in the cleantech area for emerging markets, VINNOVA 2008-2011.
- Business Navigator – IT support for business development in SMEs from a bank perspective, VINNOVA, 2006-2010.
- IPSE Integrated Product and Service Engineering, with the Department for Mechanical Engineering, LiTH and KTH 2006-2008. Funded by VINNOVA and Swedish Environmental Protection Agency (Naturvårdsverket)
- OSS Open Source Software as strategic resource (funded by Lundberg Research Foundation) 2005-2008, and Sambruk (with IDA, LiTH, funded by VINNOVA) 2006-2008.
- F3, Functional Sales (funded by VINNOVA), together with the Department for Mechanical Engineering, LiTH and IVF 2003-2006.
- ISI, Processes and IT support for complex product realization in supplier networks (funded by VINNOVA), together with the Department for Mechanical Engineering, LiTH and Stockholm School of Economics 2003-2006.
- Product development in SMEs in the machining industry (funded by NUTEK) 2003-2004.
- ICT for functional sales in new networks for value creation (funded by VINNOVA) together with Barbro Lagerholm, IVF.
- Management of Technology for microelectronics research (EPROPER) 2002-2004.
- Lean Aircraft Research Program (with Saab, Volvo Aero, LAI, MIT) 1997-1999.
- New Industrial Cooperations (NISAM) with IVF 1999-2000 (VINNOVA/NUTEK).